Saturday, March 20, 2010

Seed Bomb Recipe


I've gotten a couple of requests from my classmates, asking that I share the seed bomb recipe that I used last year. This is a modified recipe, based on the original Green Guerrilla/Liz Christy model, but better for the environment (no Christmas ornaments or condoms here). Happy Guerrilla Gardening!

Sarah's Seed Bomb Recipe

-Combine 2 parts mixed seeds with 3 parts compost or potting soil.
-Stir in 5 parts powdered red or brown clay (you can get this at a craft store or online)
-Moisten with water until mixture is damp enough to mold into balls.
-Pinch off a penny-sized piece of the mixture and roll it between the palms of your hands in to a tight ball (maybe 1 inch in diameter).
-Set the balls on newspaper and allow to dry for 48 hours. Store in a cool, dry place until you're ready to throw them.
-Toss em over the fence!

2 comments:

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

Now this sounds like a lot of fun. I could toss them all over the place as I go about the island.

Kara said...

Thanks for sharing the seed bomb recipe, and promoting Guerrilla Gardening!